Broccoli: Great Source of Vitamin A
Vitamin A (Carotene or Retinol) plays an important role in the nutrition of the eyeball and also in maintaining the balance of the skin and mucous membranes. It also acts to protect against infectious diseases.
Its lack causes the following problems:
· Problems in visual accommodation
· Color perception disorders
· Dryness in the eyes
· Photophobia (light sensitivity)
· Night blindness
· Skin cell problems
· Drop in immune system resistance
· Disorders related to skin metabolism, etc.
· Swiss chard
· Liver of birds and other animals
· Parsley, etc.