We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Lemongrass: example of monocotyledonea
They are plants (angiosperms) that have only one cotyledon in the seed. Cotyledons are the initial leaves of plant embryos.
Main characteristics of monocotyledons:
- Presence of only one cotyledon in the seed.
- Invaginating leaves with presence of parallel ribs.
- Trimera flowers (composed of three elements) or multiple.
- The fruits have three stores (or multiple).
- The internal structure of the stem is marked by the presence of scattered vascular bundles.
- The root system (roots) is fasciculated, ie, wig-shaped.
Examples of monocotyledonous plants:
- Sugar cane
- Palm Trees